Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Crib

Fiona is 5 months old...and its time for her to sleep in her own crib in her own room (which I am not sure I am totally on board with because I love snuggle time -- but everyone tells me this needs to happen). And, if I really put some thought into it, I know they are right. I mean it has to happen sometime - she cant very well sleep with us until she is a teenager..I mean even I know thats weird... and the switch to the big girl room only gets harder.

So last night was our first go at putting her to sleep in her crib, in her room. As you can imagine, I was an emo mess listening to her cry. And Matt fell asleep - on the couch - at 8.20pm. So, I was on my own (not bitter as you can likely tell). I put her down 8.15 - she wailed until 8.20. I wanted to throw up. I checked in on her and she she smiled. I left, and she cried from 8.25-8.30. I picked her up and fed her again. She cried from 8.35-8.40. I picked her up and cuddled her and she feel asleep. Put her down and she was golden until midnight -- not that I could sleep because I was on pins and needles looking at her monitor. Matt began to snore and I moved him up to bed too.

Then all he!L broke lose and Fiona cried every hour on the hour. I would snuggle/feed/comfort her back to sleep, and put her back in her crib. I STAYED strong, she stayed in her crib but it broke my heart.

So this morning at 5am -- I had enough and called Matt to duty. Fiona PRETENDED like she was ok...but once she got to daycare she turned on the water works and has refused to eat all day.

I know I am supposed to let her work this out herself, but its killing me. I have to try to remember that ... Sh!t I dont even know what I am supposed to remember...I just hate this.

So thats all for now....

No comments: