Monday, June 16, 2008

Week 2


I am actually leaning over a breast feeding baby to type. Normal.
Lets see -- my mom was here all last week (which was so great). She helped with everything - which was so amazing. From cleaning to cooking and running errands with me.
Fiona had a her 2 week check up...she gained a pound (sounds like her mama).
I went to the doc ( i lost 30 lbs and have 30 left to go...can you say Big Mama).

We celebrated our first Father's Day by driving down to the burg to hang out with Matt's side of family. Fiona was a dream in the car.Slept the whole way --both ways. She is basically the best baby in the world. She is 20 days old and has cried for no reason --- twice. Rumor has it that may be in part because i never put her down. (either me or someone else is always holding her) . At any rate, she gets cuter and cuter everyday and she loved hanging with the Armentrouts.

Fiona is super coordinated (the docs were impressed) and really strong. She can already lift her head and she plays with her hands (very advanced..she should not be able to do that until next month). With her great disposition and inclination towards intelligence, Matt and I can help but wonder if they gave us the wrong kid.

oh yea -- her little belly button thang fell off.

We settled on a daycare -- which basically sent me into a crying frenzy all week. I love and miss Edelman, but I do not think there is anything in the world that can prepare you for the thought of leaving your bean at a daycare...And well, I will just leave it at that.

I think she is developing a little personality already as well...and she may be a bit of a diva. Her little ass will explode with a poo and she demands her diaper get changed RIGHT AWAY...I mean she gives you two seconds to get that dirty old thing off her. I would not want poo in my pants either...but I mean..come on!

I am sure that she smiles and has coo-ed (at least 3 times :))

I cannot believe how many of you guys read this blog. Now that Matt got the computer fixed I promise we will write more. Thanks so much for all your comments.

Miss Fiona and I are off to get an oil change. Our big trip for the day. Incedently -- this is my first day 100% on my own. eeek...


Loves,
Ali

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure Fiona realizes by now how fabulous her mommy and daddy are - that's why she tries so hard to impress you every day. She's tryin' to pull her weight with the Armentrout clan!

p.s. This is the very first time I've commented on any blog - clearly I've got some catching up to do!

Jenna Kozel said...

I love that you sign your blog. You are so cute.

Rob said...

hahahaha

i just sent you an IM "it's boring at the office without you here" but lindsey just yelled over the cube wall "uhh rob that's me signed on"

update more!