Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stormy Stormy Night

We are obviously behind in updating the blog seeing as Fiona is already 8 days old. But I was so crazy today, I could not resist getting online to share it with you all.

There were MAJOR storms in the area tonight -- normally I love storms as I view it as time to be lazy, snuggle on the couch and drink copious amounts of red wine -- seems that has all changed since Fe got here.

So its raining and Matt comes home to work from here (whoohoo yay! -- or so I thought, he actually WORKED all day-- so he really only gets a 'yay!'). Anyway the power goes out and the house gets really hot -- too hot for Fee -- so we decide to get dinner OUT. But Fiona is too little go out in public. I start to freak out. We go in Noodles and Company and I start CRYING because i am concerned about the germs and other people's rug rats running around with boggies hanging out of their noises. I make Matt swear to forcefully remove anyone who comes to close to our babe.

I begin to plead and beg -- we need to leave, NOW, no he cannot finish his dinner, we need to go to a hotel -- but just then the radio guy says the tornado warning was just been upped to a tornado watch and recommends everyone go their basement. What a pediment! Matt comes up with a plan (genius!)...we will go home (were there are no germs), sleep in the basement (which is cool). He will run to Target and get lights and life will be ok. Confident in the man I married, I stop crying -- He brings me and Fiona home, sets us up w some flash lights -- And takes off to get supplies. What a guy.

Before he gets to the end of the road, I call him..tell him to come back..the power is on. And incidentaly -- the storm is pretty much over.

Murry however, did take advantage of us being out of the house and ripped all our garages apart That was cool.

So I will write more regularly moving forward (well as soon as I get a power cord for our lap top) but here are little highlights of Fee's life I do not want to forget:

Being Fiona's mom is the best best thing in the world -- everyone says there are no words to describe it -- but there really are none.

I am a hormonal basket case and cry at least 5 times a day -- namely because i am so happy to be Matt's wife and Fee's mom. Matt just looks at me like i have 6 heads when I tell him how happy I am. He recognizes I am still his crazy wife but seems to be confused that my "fiery" expressions of emotion are positive and not negative.

Matt is in love with Fiona...he is holding her right now and has said "babe..babe...look at her...look at her."at least 6 times

Fiona projectile pooded on Matt today.

Her doc said she is very "intact" which matt and i take to mean as "very advanced."
Our princess eats like a beast and farts louder than Matt -- but even that is exceptionaly cute on her.

Oh yah .. and labor...well that deserves a post of its own for sure...so i will write more later (lucky you Daves).

Thats all for now...Will try to upload some new photos tomorrow

8 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS ALISON!! I have no doubt you are a fabulous mom! Keep posting!!

Jenna Kozel said...

I want to know if you've had your first glass of wine yet!

Unknown said...

You left out the part about how your former roomies were so sad that the darn storm messed up our dinner plans! And that Lynds, Joy, and I promptly ate practically all the lasagna, salad, and bread that was meant for 5 people. Oops. But we kept talking about how excited we are for you!! We'll reschedule soon - can't wait to meet Fiona! And now I have something in the freezer for you and Matt.

Whittle said...

omg ali, you are actually the world's best mommy blogger. chris is doing the dishes and i am laughing hysterically out loud at several different parts of this post. please keep blogging, it makes my day. heart you

Anonymous said...

This is the best blog ever. We miss you Ali!

I need to Zipcar out to see you and Matt and Fiona soon!

mememememe said...

Feeeeeeeeeeeeee! i want to meet you! Stupid storm got in the way of our plans... like becky said.

We must reschedule sooooon!

love you guys!

katieMcG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katieMcG said...

Please keep blogging so I don't miss you as much as I do!! see you soon!