Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, love bug!

Happy Birthday Fiona!
I cannot believe you have been here for a year! That said, I can hardly remember what it was like not to be your mom.

You literally fill our days with the most absolute joy. Your smile could melt an iceberg.
You are a doll!
You are so sweet and so lovely. You have been such an easy baby.
We could not be more grateful for having been blessed with you (someone was not paying attention when they gave us such an amazing little life to care for)!

OK we just got back from your one year old check up with with Nurse Nancy -- and shocker -- she says you are perfect - in fact, she said she has been impressed with you since you were born (What?!??! Its not like I said you were perfect, SHE DID. Its not bragging if you are just reporting what a medical professional said - all I am saying is I was not surprised by her medical opinion).

You are super tall (98th percentile), and somewhere in the 80th for weight. You weigh 23 lbs. She says its TIME for you to get off the boob (100%) and get used to sleeping alone (another shocker, I know!). So Dad and I are going to have to buck up and get it done. Its going to be a tough week for you and I am super sorry. But, its for the best (or thats what they tell me :))

Nurse Nancy wants to watch your little ears because of your recent ear infections. She says they look OK now, but given that your ear drum ruptured and Dad had such problems with his ears, she wants to watch it.

We talked about your disdain for milk - and Nurse Nancy gave me a ton of ticks to make sure you are getting the calcium you need! So YAY!

You got your shots and you looked at the nurse as if she was crazy for hurting you, but you really only cried for a second. You are so tough.

OK..I need to get back to work.

I love you. Happy Birthday!
You are a star.

Love, Mama and Daaaaaaaaaad

No comments: