Friday, May 29, 2009

My Sweet Girl .... BITES!

OK so Fiona is quite possibly the nicest kid in the world. But last week, so got bit by a baby at daycare. And, now...she bites other babies. Like, everyday. Her teachers say she only does it when someone is trying to take her food or a toy she is playing with...but really!? What do I do!? I have never seen her bite in my life, so its not like I can discipline her.

In other news we hit day 2 of weaning part 2. Its so hard. She cries and cries with her eyes closed tightly, then she gives up and just looks at me, like "why, mama?"

In an effort to not give in, I drank too much wine last night. Opps. Bear with me, there was some logic to it. I figured if I had booze in my system, I could not feed her (or she would get drunky)...and it worked. I did not give in.

Anyway, she did really well. Matt was out for night (winning awards for being an awesome home builder) so it was just me and her. She cried for a full five minutes before giving in, and then we just cuddled big time.

We are one day closer to no more nursing. I feel kind of sad...We went to the docs and Nurse Nancy said it was time, and then I just never gave her the boob again. Wish I had known that morning's feeding was going to be our last.

Pout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is... you have to booze every night until Fiona no longer wants you, you don't feel the need to give in, and you're a raging alchy. Right?

Matt and Ali said...

Yes.