Friday, August 14, 2009

Chuck E. Cheese

Yesterday was offically the happiest I have ever seen Miss. Thing. Matt, Adina, Stan and I brought the kids to Chuck E. Cheese! Adam has moved from Fiona's class to the Toddler Room at FAOB, so they have not seen each other all week - and they were thrilled to reunite!

They ran around the dining room of Chuck E. Cheese holding hands! It was literally the cutest thing I have ever seen any babies do in my entire life. Adina and I just trailed behind them -- dying laughing. When Fiona moved ahead of Adam, he grabbed on to the back of her shirt and followed her like follow the leader. Every now and agian they would stop to kiss. But that was not even the best of it...

After we ate our $50 pizza and moz sticks (thats right, $50 for some of the worst food on earth), we went to play in toddler section. Adam and Fiona were BESIDE themselves with giddy happiness. They literally would get so excited to go on a new "ride" they would bounce around laughing - but they had so much excitment in them, that realease was unsatifactory, so they would tense up their little bodies and SQUEL (scream?) with joy.

Chuck E. Cheese has this little slide (that sort of looked like this, but much bigger and cooler):

The kids crawled up the steps on one end and the slid down the other. Fiona tried to go head first EVERYTIME..and ADAM WOULD TAKE A RUNNING LEAP OFF THE PLATFOM AND FLY DOWN (over?) THE SLIDE. Fiona was very impressed, but did not follow his lead.

When Adam started climbing UP the slide (instead of using the stairs) Fiona was in awe..so she watched him twice and then did it herself. I think Matt was more impressed with her than she was with herself - little carabiners flashed in eyes.

This morning, in a rare occorance, Matt and I woke up on time for work (so no rushing around) and Fiona and I had mad snugle love time in bed together. That ubber lame song "these are the moments" went through my head...swear to God.

After getting us ready, I went to put on a necklace -- BAD MOVE. (Yaya..what have you done to my daughter? :)) She WOULD NOT CHILL OUT until I gave her necklace of her own - Which she lovingly adored the whole drive to daycare.

We walked in and, with pride, she showed everyone how fancy she was - I had to sneak the necklace off of her when I left. Hopefully she has forgotten about it.

I am leaving work early today to check out the Toddler Room at FAOB...but to be honest I snuck in yesterday for a few and that place was INSNAE. The music was blasting, the kids were like wild people and the whole thing was just over stimulating. That said - I hated the infant room at first, then the jr toddlers room...and Fiona has had mad love for both.

She has learned soooo much thanks to the ladies there, and I hear the teachers in the big kid room are amazing - they help pottey train, and then kids sleep on cots..not in cribs. But no binkis at naptime. Poor bean.

Anyway, we have a low key weekend! HOLLA

No comments: