Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Weekend Window Shopping Extravaganza

As many of you may know -- the docs encourage expectant moms to walk a lot -- apparently it helps bring on labor.

So last night, Matt and I (still 2 weeks shy of our due date) come to the totally un-substantiated, un-validated conclusion that I am in stage one labor. Obviously. But how can a couple encourage their bean to make her debut when its already late in the evening on a rainy Sunday night?

Well, we can't bring the Fur on a walk because its cold, and Murry hates the rain...And, for the matter, I hate the rain. FOILED.

Just then, my darling, involved, supportive, loving, problem solving husband gets an idea-- WE WILL WALK, YES WE WILL!! And, we did...we took marathon laps around a closed mall in White Flint on the coldest, darkest, rainiest day of the month.

THE RESULT!?!??!?!

Nadda.
No labor...no baby...did do some good window shopping however.
Oh well, Fiona is still sung as a bug in a rug.

:)

5 comments:

Erin C. said...

Brilliant! Too bad it didn't work ...

DL said...

You should have tried harder. I would have won the baby pool.

Molly Weller said...

Holy cow. TWO WEEKS?! I am so not ready! Guess it is good you are, though. :) Miss you tons!

Unknown said...

Dude, I have no official date in any sort of baby pool. How do I get in on this?

Unknown said...

Next time you're in the mall, stand in front of bloomingdales and taunt her. "Fiona, there is a big sale! Lots of pink shiny things!" If that doesn't make a little girl start running, I don't know what will.