Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Its not like Christmas morning around here....

I think one of things I want to remember most about this pregnancy (besides all the amazing fattening food I have stuffed in my mouth, and how nice random strangers are to preggo chicks) is how Matt has handled the last few days. He literally whines that he wants the baby NOW NOW NOW. I sorta feel like I am letting down - keeping the baby all to myself to spite him. Ha!

Every morning he asks me, "are you sure you should go to work today, babe? Maybe you should stay home and get some sleep...you know...in case the baby comes tonight, you want to be well rested...." Then he pauses and says, "Do you think maybe the baby will come tonight?"

I reply, "No, Matt -- I do not think so."

And, he just looks at me like I just ruined Christmas or something.

Its like he goes to bed every night hoping tomorrow will be the big day! And every morning he is a little more disappointed.

Awww...

We are going on another walk tonight...so I will let you know if anything happens.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May 20th! May 20th! May 20th!

Lyndsey said...

You are seriously one of the funniest girls I know... I love it! Get some rest my love cause she will be here soon!

Kendra_Teyla said...

Alison, my goodness! I can't wait to see your little one when she finally comes. I admit, the internet allows me to be the voyeur here, and seeing as I'm still in Sydney, I think it's only fair. I can't tell you how happy I am for you! Please keep the far ends of the earth updated. We give a fuck.

xo
Kendra

Erin C. said...

Haha ... that's so cute! What a great little story, Ali. I think Fiona will love to hear about how excited her daddy was to have her here. :)

Uncle Patrick said...

Alison, Being that I am the first uncle to write here, let me pass along the best advise on having a new baby. Alex, your favorite cousin really caused some troubled times for me and his mom when he was born until I realized all the baby books written with all their advise were not written for a one week old to read. Let the good times roll and enjoy the experience, the baby will let you know when things are good or bad, just listen, watch and you both enjoy the fun. Love you Uncle Patrick shouting out from TUCSON!