Monday, July 13, 2009

Long Weekend

There are many a health issue plaguing our family these days.

Grandpa had to get his kidney removed last weekend, so we figured what better way to make him feel better than to spend sometime with his amazing granddaughter. But, then Matt got really sick and could not come. So the bean and I took off for our first solo road trip (with Matt freaking out the whole time making sure I was driving safely).

The trip up was great! Fiona slept the whole way. But then I was confronted with my first hurtle - i had to pee (reminiscent of our first train ride together alone). Do I wake up a sleeping baby 1/2 through a five hour drive just so I can pee?

I can't very well leave her in the car while I run in. Stress. Had to pee. Sleeping baby. I kept on keeping on. Then I noticed I needed gas. We pulled off. Gas. Check. Still have to pee. Bathrooms sooo very close. Sleeping baby.

Then I did what any good mother would do..I found a corner of the parking lot (that was lighted, but vacant) and dropped my drawers. Sleeping baby. Check. Within my eyeshot...check. Pee. Check.

And we were back on the road.

Even though we were supposed to go to NJ to help out, we actually ended up having a great time!

Grandpa played with his darling grandbaby (to the best of his ability)


We had a busy day on Sat, we began by playing with water on the deck with breakfast:


Then it was off the coolest park I have ever been to. Grandma said she used to bring me there when I was little. They have all these play grounds that age appropriate, so they had a baby one (which Fiona thought was lame), one for two to four year olds (where we played) and one for big kids (where Fiona liked to stand at the bottom of the slide and watch the big kids come down).





They had a rock wall for the big kids (Daddy would have been proud to have witnessed Fiona's interest in it). Indecently, Matt stopped at a baby store the Friday prior (all by himself) and picked out the outfit Fiona is wearing in these pics).


Then we went to the zoo (sorry no pics) that was at the same park. Which, obviously Fiona loved.

Then we went on a train ride.




Sunday it was back in the car for the marathon drive home. I tried to leave during Fiona's nap time, but 2 hours in she woke up. We took a pit stop at a Buy Buy Baby we found so Miss Thing could run around for a bit, managed to spend $100 and then got back on the road again.


Fiona entertained herself by learning to put her feet on her head, in her ears and nose. I mean for hours..she cracked herself up at the absurdity of putting her feet where they did not belong. ADORABLE.

No comments: