Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The biting saga

Fiona finally bit me. I gave her a firm talking to. She cried. We made up.

So I go into daycare today confident that the problem will now be resolved. I caught her in the act and firmly handled the situation! The teachers all but laughed at me. Apparently, Fiona knows biting is bad. They said when a baby takes her toy, she bites him/her. But then, as soon as her victim cries she gets upset and cries or pouts too and tries to kiss the baby better (isn't that incredibly sweet of my wee demon? She feels bad...ach-I love her)! Anyway, daycare does not seem to think its that big of a deal.

They said she is incredibly sweet (sans the biting) and is easy-going. They are chucking this up to teething -- which makes no sense to me seeing as its prompted by not getting what she wants -- but whatever -- her 8th tooth is breaking through her gums.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, can't have you so faithfully posting on the blog and not at least get the idea that it is being read. Sounds like progress on the biting - but it also sounds as though she's adding to her armory. Keep that stuff in check.

Also great pictures of the the festival in the park. Hope Murray was not left to languish too long. Or maybe you were able to bring him along.

All the best - Dad

Matt and Ali said...

HI DAD!!! Thanks for your comment. I am so glad you are reading this :)

So far so good on the bites!