Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Skinny Mommy

Lots of folks call tabloid magazines like US Weekly and People garbage. But I whole heartily disagree. Melissa Jone Heart has motivated me!

Waiting in line at the grocery store (of all places), I saw the headline of this week's People, "How I Lost 42 lbs" and the caption read, "I realized I don't have to be heavy just because I have kids." The headline was enough -- I did not even have to read the article and I was enlighted.

Melisa, dear: You are deep, inspirational and revolutionary. Thank you for provocative insights.

OK whatever: But it did motivate me -- and I went back to the gym for one of the first times since I found out I pregnant and subsequently learned I (apparently) have an insashable appetite for ice cream with snickers mixed in and like to binge eat in the wee hours of the night.

Mark my words internet -- I will be thin again!

No comments: