Monday, June 8, 2009

Fun at the Fairfax Fest

All and all it was a low key weekend. Matt spent Sat going to the movies and playing golf. Fiona and I hung out with Adam and Adina. Fiona has turned into a kissing machine (and has not bitten since our "talk") and I love it! She kisses and blows kisses. So cute. When Adam and Fiona saw each other on Sat they walked up to one another and open mouthed kissed! Thank goodness Matt was not there ;)
People literally stopped to "oooo and ahhh." It was precious.

Sunday the fams got into the car and we went to the carnival. Fiona loves her some animals - she had a blast. Fearless child!

We were not there 5 seconds when she saw the ponies and Matt shelled out the $5 for her first pony ride! Grannie W would be so proud (I tried to call you ;)




I know this sounds ridic - but literally Fiona is the happiest when she is with both of us. She giggles and laughs when we hug or kiss each other -- She loves the love!


We found our new favorite band - even bought the CD. Lets here it for Rocknocerus (you can hear their music by clicking on the link).

The band had me sold with their new song called "Pink" and its lyrics "There's a color known all around the world. Its OK by the boys, but its loved by girls...Its PINK! Its PINK! Its PINK!"


Fiona danced and bobbed her little head-- Matt the other hand was a little curious as to what would motivate 3 grown men to get up on stage, dressed up like characters, and belt out kids songs. I assured him - they were fathers themselves (well at least one of them is).

Fiona was getting a little sleepy, so we knew we had to hi-tail it to the petting zoo area. And boy, did she perk up. She saw, pet and fed a camel..

She was less taken by the bunny:


And wanted to hang with the sheep.


She fell asleep as soon as she was in my arms on the way back to the car.
WHAT A DAY!

2 comments:

Matt and Ali said...

PS -- Fiona's cute dress ala Aunt Missy

Lyndsey said...

I LOVE THAT YOU ARE WRITING AGAIN! I am dying to see my little Fee... I need to book a flight. LOVE YOU GUYS!