Wednesday, September 2, 2009

August Update

WOW - Its been a while since we have posted.

So here we go:

We headed to NJ (book on CD and all) to see my family. We had a great time with God-mommy and daddy. Then, Matt and I went to Journie's wedding in NJ on Aug 22. My mom and dad babysat Fee and we had a blast with Hburg crew! The wedding was simply amazing and I am still thinking about all the yummy food.

Fiona had fun with Grandma:

And grandpa:

And just being a Jersey girl

Then it was off to RI to visit my Grandpa (but those pics are on Matt's camera).

We took Fiona to the beach for the 2nd time in her life and she HATED it. She loathed the sand and thought it was "dirdy." She hated when it touched her feet or got anywhere on her.
Here are some misleading pics from our adventure -

She may be smiling:

But its only because she is running off the sand




We had much better luck with the pool:


Time to dry off:

We visited one of Newport's Mansions - The Elms



Of course the highlight was sailing (breaking news: my folks got a new boat -- this is the old one)

Safety first:

Me and Fee chillin while grandpa sails


Grandma mans the ropes:

And, sexy daddy works:

But we also had tons of time to relax and eat all the yummy food I have been missing all year - from lobster rolls to clam cakes...mmmmmm was the word of the trip! Fee says that every time she sees food and is hungry.





Then it was time to head home so I could prepare for Cyn's shower and bachelorette party!

But no kid could stand the whole drive from RI to DC (and neither could I to be honest), so we stopped and went to the Mystic Aquarium where we saw a sea lion show and learned all about the cute little buggers. Fiona was sure they were "dooos" (which means dog, but now realize applies to any animal that is not a "birrr" - or bird).


I met up with girls to cook and bake and plan the shower and party:


And, Matt took Fiona to the 'burg to hang out with Yaya, Paw Paw and the gang.
But, of course -- I do not have pics from that because (drum roll please)..they are on Matt's camera. I found this on Missy's facebook though :)



PS...thats not the outfit I picked out for her to wear to the graduation party...oh daddy!

Was sorry to miss the h'burg clan but was happy to the NJ/RI family and get time with my ladies.

Thats all for now!

Loves,
US






1 comment:

Unknown said...

So fun and what a swimmer....