Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Night night sweet girl

In all Fiona's months, she has never cried as much (all together) as she has since we started making her sleep in her own bed. By steadfast, we are. I remind myself that it will confuse her and make her more upset if we waiver. So she sleeps in her crib...but we have a pretty gentle approach..we stay with her still she is out.

We alternate nights putting her down so she does not become too dependent on one of us (and then that person has to bear the burden for a lifetime).

Tonight was Matt's night and off to sleep she went. I heard her crying about an hour ago and ran upstairs to try and comfort her. I tried and tried. Then, she started crying "dada." I called Matt up and he goes "she just cries for the one that is not with her. she was crying for you when i put her down." But into the nursery he went. She let out a few "dada"s...and then silence. He is upstairs patting her back as I type...

How sweet...our girl just wanted her dada. And, now she is happy.

No comments: