Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"The best weekend ever and my mom forgot her camera..."

...Well, at least that's what I imagine Fiona would say if she knew how to form sentences and knew what a camera was.

The weekend started out well - low key night at home on Friday (well OK I cleaned and cooked all night, but whatever). We were supposed to go to the Renisance Festival in the morning, but that fell through. Thankfully Adam was around - and his mom who is a mad genius knows every kid friendly venue in the city. So, Stan, Adina, Adam, Fiona and I went to the best park!


Like, seriously? How amazing!

Adina's phone has a camera on it, so we were able to capture a few moments.

The buds on a cool sway type ride:

And of course they had swings:


And race cars:

And a Merry-Go-Round.

Adam, who is more familiar with the ride, was crazy excited when he saw it. He started crying out with joy and then cried "no no no" when it ended. Fiona, always more cautious then her playmate was a little skeptical..in fact, she was scared out of her bloddy little mind and I got sick.

Oh well.

Then it was time to go home for a nap (Fiona) and cook (me). Then, the Grindals came over. Oliva went to play tennis with the dads, while Lorianne, Greyson, Fiona and I decided to stay back, eat a block of cheese, drink a bottle of wine and play with a puzzle.

OK Fiona and Greyson really only had a few bites of cheese and basically none of the wine, and Lorianne really did most of the puzzle. But whatever.

The boys came home and BBQed and we had a great eve.

On Sunday we had no plans! WHAT!?!? You know I can't sit still. Matt decided we should invite the Salomons (Adam and fam) to go to the zoo with us.

To be honest with you, I don't really "get" the zoo. I mean its fine and all..but ...

Well this time I was impressed. We went to see the gorillas who were totally playing and eating and a baby was climbing all over her mama. Adina and I took the kids way close so they could see and they were amazed! They stared and laughed and I felt like a good mama, being able to show my little girl all of God's amazing creatures. I really thought she looked like she was enjoying it...and she was...until the she shouted "BALL BALL BALL!" And, I realized that yes...while the gorilla's were cool...My daughter was more impressed by the very large ball in their cage. Alas.

But then the weekend took a turn for the AMAZING...Adina mentioned that the pool in her community was closing for the summer..and on that very day they were letting the dogs go in for a swim.

Its like all of Fiona's life had been building up to this one magnificant moment when all that she loves would come together in a perfect melding of the fates (if only for a half hour).

Get to be outside? CHECK
Surrounded by dogs? CHECK
I can splash? CHECK
Is Adam around? YEP!

I through in a juice box for good messure and we were off.

FIONA FLIPPED OUT! She could not stop laughing and screaming. Its was "dog! dog! Wadder! dog! wadder! ball! dog! wadder! adam! dog! dog! dog!"

Here are some pics:

Off to the happiest place on earth in Adam's little car (what a good sharer):

Heaven on earth (if you are a 15-month old who happens to be in love with dogs, Adam, pools and balls).


And, yes..I let her get in. I debated it..I mean it could be pretty gross and unsanitary..but if you could have seen and heard her..you would have too (well OK maybe not), but I could not resist the oppertunity to let her little baby dreams come true..Bad Mama.



And there we have it..the perfect weekend for the Armentrout Family!
Family time, friends, food, animals and wine (well that was just me -- WHATEVER)!

Off to see the 'Burg Family tomorrow night and meet the beautiful Kayden

And go to OBX for Tricia's wedding.
Life is good.

No comments: