Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One of those recap posts

Been a while again, so this post is more so I don't forget the little things, then actually informative.
  1. Jordan is having her baby tomorrow and we are so excited for Fiona to have another little second cousin---ahh! INFANTS..YAY!
  2. Matt is working out (and so am I, but i do it at work, Matt does it at home), and when Fiona knows he is down in the basement and not with her, she hangs on to the banister, pokes her lil head through the rails and yells "dada!' She never dares go the stairs on her own, which I love.
  3. She invented a new word.."dama" or "mada" which she cries out with joy when she is with one of us, but misses the other
  4. She says oh-wr - for flower - and says "bubbles" like she invented the word.
  5. She amazes me with her brilliance; we went on a walk today and she found a pine cone. I told her they came from trees - and for the rest of the walk, whenever she found a pine cone laying on the ground, she tried to put it on the limb of a tree
  6. Incendently, whenever she saw a leaf on the side walk she tried to move it to someone's lawn...cause she is a crazy, insane neat freak...fall might just kill her..so many many leaves out of place
  7. She started to hate the bathtub, but with a little love and tenderness, it seems to be growning on her again
  8. And, OMG - HOW IS THIS #8....She is in her own crib. EVERYONE gave us a hard time about the fact that she slept in bed with me and Matt...But one day Tara said: "Look, you said you would stop breast feeding at 12 months and you did...you say she will be in her own bed at 18 months and I totally belive you. You will do it" And.... we did it. Thanks for the confidence Tara! We did do it, and she is champ! We read about 7000 stories rocking in the chair my mom so generousliy got us when I was prego...and then we put her in her crib (again, thanks Mom and Dad). She is so sweet..she whipers and whimpers..but Matt or I will just rub and pat her back (Mom, it reminds me of my childhood when i was upset and you would sit by bed and pat my back..I love those little moments with her - remembering what a great Mom I have). Then we sit there for a few amazing, precious-- hope they will never end moments -- she'll open her eyes and then she whimpers...sees we are still there and goes fast to sleep. She is such a doll...I was so scared of leaving her in a room by herself...and she is champ..of course.
  9. So, not to be whatever -- but Fiona is now in the Toddlers room (one week down), but since its new...I stay and watch her for a while. I see little kids steal her toys and watch her reaction. She gets so mad, for a second...and then walks away. Which I think is great, but secrectly hope is not breaking her little spirit.
  10. I am now reading a new baby book, which i have not done in forever - but Fiona is getting bigger and i have stuff to learn.
  11. Last night, she really wanted a "Waa-aul" (waffle) -- so she walked over to the frezer, hit it, and then walked to her to highchair. Only problem...we had no waa-uals...try explaing that to one 15 month old who is looking at you like you dont speak English.
  12. Missed Obama's speach, because prime time also happens to be bedtime..Bummer.
At any rate -- things are really good in the Armentrout household ...
And, that is THAT...

Loves to all!

No comments: